Pages

Feb 5, 2013

Shine Bright Like A Diamond? Does That Fit Here?

My laptop isn't connecting to the dorm Internet. This is the most tragic thing to happen so far this semester. Now I am painfully typing out a post on my iPad. Oh the life. THE STRUGGLE (I hope you note the heavy sarcasm in those words). There are so many photo opportunities to bloggggg but there isn't "an app for that." It is so hard to get this post to look the way I want it with a touch screen. Actually recently I have been trying to find an app or something to make my blogging life easier in the iPad but there isn't one. SOMEONE GET ON THAT. It's moments like these were I miss my Toshiba's slow moving always-have to-be-plugged-in-or-I'll-die-on-you mindset.

To continue this last weekend my friends painted me gold for their homework. It was a fantastic and fun photo shoot even though I felt like I was naked in my roommate, Paulina's, living room (while her parents were frequently walking through to grab snacks from the kitchen.) Not to mention that the room had a wall full of windows and the jumpsuit they gave me to wear was only being held up by a couple of binder clips. 


They painted my legs first which turned out to actually be a disaster because they did it with poster board paint... HAHA it wasn't funny. After my legs dried if I turned, flexed, or bent my legs the paint would fold and give me this grandma wrinkle that was not very appealing... Or comfortable because it felt like all of these invisible little schoolyard bullies were giving me Indian sun burns from knee to ankle. 



After completing my body and spraying me down with a gold glitter spray can--which had to have been sitting in her car over night because it felt like they were spraying me with the winds of an arctic tundra-- it was time to shoot. They gave me glasses and jewelry and it was the most fun I've had on a photo shoot yet. It made me remember the days when I wanted to pursue modeling. Next time I think we are going to try a candy themed shoot. I CAN'T WAIT. There I will be featuring my new Candy Clutch that I received for Christmas! Who knows.. maybe I will be painted again...

But in all seriousness the moral of the story is to go out and do crazy things. Pursue your craziest thoughts because you never know what kind of art or fantastic moments can form out of them. GO PAINT SOMEONE GOLD OR STAND OUTSIDE IN A SWIMSUIT WHILE ITS SNOWING. LETS GET CRAZAAY

Check out my roommate and photographer of this shoot--Paulina's Flickr HERE. She is amazing. 










-Rachel

1 comment:

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS