Pages

Sep 14, 2012

In the Wild

While I was meandering around the jagged street ways and abrupt corners of New York during FNO, I found myself walking into the DKNY store in Soho. 

All of the sudden a wild Karlie Kloss appeared.

 It is hard to describe the feeling of seeing someone of Karlie's stature in person for the first time. Being so unbelievably famous to the fashion industry and after being featured in just about every magazine you can think of, she almost felt fictional. It is kinda like seeing an endangered animal for the first time.

Siberian Tigers are real?... I thought they were just made up in my mind....

I am not saying models are like animals. I am trying to say that seeing Karlie in real life stops you in your tracks. You want to analyze her differently now that she isnt the 2-D print or digital version of herself. You want to take in every ounce of beauty that radiates off of her smile and into the room. It is like magic. You don't truely enjoy the experience until you see the allusion of perfect and mystery right in front of your face.


She appeared, what seemed like out of nowhere, wearing a Fashion's night out signature Tee--obviously pre-cut and self styled to her liking-- a slender leather skirt, and rockin' heels. Oh, and let's not forget the lipstick, rose red. blood red.

red. red. red. red.

She seemed to tower over me like a building.. which is actually new to me. I am around 5'10" without heels on and when she walked by I felt short--and I mean REALLY short. Making me realize how tall many models actually are.

It was very shocking to me to see how normal the models were. Before I knew it Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn walked into the boutique. They were casual, not uppity. They walked around the store and mingled with friends, laughing and making fools of themselves just like I would have done on a special night out with my girls. It was just intriguing to see a model in her "natural habitat." ----still gorgeous.. but normal, just like you and me. They couldn't have felt like more of the crowd than the rest of the shoppers walking in and out of the shop. The three ladies  were there for the fun of FNO and I could definitely tell they were enjoying themselves.

Pictures from the rest of the night.
Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss

Cara is so gorgeous and an absolutely hilarious person. Ask her to make a funny face. She is the definition of expert. 
 Derek Blasberg!
 Karlie-- seemingly ALWAYS gorgeous. Still can not get over that smile.
 Karlie was promoting her "Karlie's Kookies." 5$ for a healthy cookie and part of the proceeds go to the FEED foundation.
 Cara being, well, Cara.
Lovely Jourdan Dunn

-R

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear. I just need to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. It's one of the best precious gems I have come across on the internet. I also loved your exquisite street style photo on fashionista.com. You my child, are a true fashionista. I believe you will be a celebrity blogger soon enough darling! Thank you for making such a grand contribution to the fashion industry though your personal observations. Best Wishes. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS