Pages

Sep 19, 2012

I Want to Look Like the Future

I have this new obsession with the Alexander McQueen Visors that were shown in the brand's Fall 2012 runway show. I guess its not necessarily a "new" obsession... more like a resurfaced obsession.. only this time it has come back harder than ever.

What was the instigator that brought me back to this amazing and eye catching accessory? Well last Thursday when I was stalking the beautiful people that were lucky enough to have obtained tickets to the Ralph Lauren show I saw none other than our beloved Bryan Boy speed out of the double doors and into a car.

 With me being a natural blonde, I was immediately attracted to the shiny object moving through the crowd of people--and I was mesmerized. The light reflected off of the visor and bounced around the people. It seemed to be constantly changing colors as he passed women in pinks, greens and purples.

On the runway.. It didn't have the same effect. I saw it then, thought "Oh! That's neat!" and then went among my business. However, seeing this accessory in person is a whole other story.

It gives the wearer a mystery about him/her. Bryan Boy was going somewhere. I don't know where.. but he was sure as hell in a heck of a hurry. He pushed through the crowd with a straight face. You couldn't see his eyes at all--only the reflection of others. Thus the question remaining in my mind was which one of those reflections on the visor were his? Was he nervous? Excited? confused? I wasn't sure.. but for some reason I still really want to know.

Now the only thing left is to acquire one. Right now, on the Alexander McQueen website, the visor is retailing for 475$. That price for an emotion-throwing outfit-lifting piece of art is actually reasonably priced.. However I am still that broke college student who is trying to live off of crackers and ramen noodles.







Someday.. at some point.. I will own one and I will wear it proudly..unfortunately this is not that day...but looking and oogling over photographs is free!



GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW NOW NOW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE



That is all.







-R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS