Pages

Jun 26, 2012

Son of a beach


I am really loving the 2013 Alexander McQueen resort collection. 

I was impressed with the hard lines and structures of the jackets, pants, and dresses. They really amplify the beauty of the human figure--turning the body into a stick figure. Just lines. The designs look very architectural and strong. The fabrics that they chose fascinate me. This fabric makes the garments look not only strong but also soft and light; heavily structured like metal but light as breeze. 

I really love the belts. They remind me of something that would be in an old Sci Fi movie. The industrial do-it-all utility belt that the spacemen wore. Or maybe it is just a really great heavy weight champion belt? The flared pants are also fantastic. They make everyone's legs look miles and miles long. Straight. Clean. Nice.

Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen has never truly done wrong. She always continues to wow me with prints, shapes, and structures that I would have never thought of. She keeps the label full of whimsical and alien like figures that somehow are also extremely beautiful. I look forward to seeing what turns the corner during fashion week this fall. 

(Click the photos to enlarge)






Photos courtesy of Style.com

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS