Pages

Nov 15, 2012

What's that Jacket?


Who is ready for Maison Martin Margiela for H&M to drop at 8am??

When I first saw this look book a couple months ago I kinda freaked. The clothes were fantastic--not to mention everything I was imagining my closet to be for this fall/winter season. The looks matched every expectation I was looking for in my clothes: innovative ideas, cool trims, sleek boots, slouchy--yet curiously fitted figures:
(Click to enlarge image)

I am obsessed with how they put together their accessories. Using actual gloves as part of the handbags was a genius idea. I love how flat they look--as if you could just slip your hand right into them. I also am loving the candy wrapper clutches. They are HUGE! By themselves, on the website, they look so tiny. I was so excited to see how large they were compared to the models. They are eye catching and so imaginative--makes me want to brainstorm about what my next handbag will look like for my final project of this semester.

Unfortunately for me, little miss Rachel can't afford these fab pieces... but I mean.. what college student could? Maybe one item but... let's be honest here... I really should be saving more than spending...

I am just glad that looking and touching is free (and not frowned upon) in H&M. I am ready to inspect the pieces and try them on. I want to see if they feel as luxurious as they seem. The fabrics in the pictures look so soft... but that can be deceiving. I guess we will all find out tomorrow then won't we??

Good thing it is my day off from classes!... lets hope there is still items to look at when I arrive!


Rachel


Personal Favorites: pants, shirt, zipper-turtleneck-sweater, candy wrapper clutchLucite heeled boots
Find your nearest H&M here
Find full lookbook, mens/womens clothes, and accessories here


1 comment:

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS