Pages

Nov 10, 2012

Karlie Takes the Cut


When I saw Bryan Boy tweet about Karlie's new cut last Wednesday I was both surprised and excited. I clicked (or rather touched) quickly through to the Twit-pic to find a semi-blurred Karlie with a short bob-do: 
Now, I can't decide people. Is it right?

Originally I loved it! I thought it was adorable and fresh. She has had long hair for so long that I was loving the sudden change. However the more I see it the more I am not sure... I feel that her longer strands made her look older... and now... she kinda looks 12. 

Not that 12 is bad--It is just that most in demand top models in the world shouldn't look twelve. 





...or should they?



I also started realizing that usually these drastic changes make the model edgier... even older! However on Karlie, they just look plain. Her hair doesn't have the right beef or texture for a bob. It is too thin maybe? 


But then I look at it a third time and I love it. It is fresh, new, and makes me look at her jaw and bone structure differently than before. The tips of the cut draw you to her chin rather than her chest. It also showcases her striking hazel eyes--They pop more now that they are framed by the bangs and natural waves in her hair. 
I honestly cannot decide on what my feelings are about it. They are jumbled up in a mess of confused emotion... What are your thoughts? Would love to hear--comment below!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS