Pages

May 4, 2012

Blinking




My name is Rachel. I am a senior at my high school in Wichita, Kansas. Let me type that again. Wichita. Kansas. My humble abode is among the prairies and plains of the Midwest. Wichita is a wonderful city, however I know it is not where I really belong. This fall I will be moving to New York City to study accessories design at The Fashion Institute of Technology. I am ready for a change of scenery. Instead of the great plains I will be living among thousands of high rises. I am beyond excited.

My senior class is comprised of around 40-some people. Within this past year we have become extremely close. The fact that we are going to be torn apart due to our different choices in college is heart-wrenching. There is nothing I love more than spending time with them at parties, games, and school in general. They are all so genuinely kind and fun to be around. Graduation is going to be so sad! I am sure water-proof mascara will be my best friend.

Tomorrow is Friday the fourth; the last Friday of my high school career. It feels so surreal... is this really happening?? We as seniors have decided that tomorrow will be "Senior dress up day." This will be the most important "Fancy Friday" our school will have because... well... it is our last. I am planning on going all out with the clothes. Since I collect different garments and accessories as a hobby, tomorrow will be the best showcase for all of my greatest pieces. I am so excited to see everyone looking dapper in their Sunday's best.

So this has been my first post ever. I cannot wait to move to the city and start living my dream. Living in New York City is going to bring me so many fantastic opportunities.

Here's to my last two days of high school.

Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS