Pages

Aug 13, 2013

Évelie Mouila

So I found this amazing jewelry artist on tumblr and I just wanted to share. Her name is Évelie Mouila and she is a graduate of the Royal College of Art & Design (in London) who specialized in goldsmithing, silversmithing, metalwork and jewelry design. I love how simple her pieces are and how they interact with the model's body. I always have loved accessories that have a purpose.. or some sort of interaction other than just being there...

like a handbag that you have to put your hand through like a glove...

...or this necklace that acts as a hair tie.

I feel the pieces are very on trend as well. I mean, go into any little store in soho that is "hipster friendly" and you will find thin wire bracelets and rings galore. Girls these days are accessorizing with pieces that are so thin and fragile they are almost.. well, not even there. I like how the artist has that same sense of style but the pieces move the body: hair, fingers...etc. The pieces are simple and invisible, but also completely visible because of their interaction with the wearer. I don't know if that even made sense.

Anyway, check her out. She needs to be noticed: http://www.eveliemouila.com/

More designs by Évelie:





I do not own any of the photographs posted above. All photographs are from http://www.eveliemouila.com/

Rachel Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS